Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Lava & Ash


Me and this band go way back, to the days of early high school and smoking a lot of cannabis with my friends. At the time I was a lost little soul who didnt know myself, seaching and searching for things that would help me be me. Little did I know though, that when i stopped searching was when I was gunna find myself. I ended up finding the right friends, the right hobbies, and myself through my music. This band right here changed everything for me in the best possible way, sometimes the right music can do that for you. I first found The Lava & Ash years ago, maybe about 8 years ago at the least id say, but not as The Lava & Ash, I first knew them as the Dead Love Triangles. They made music like no one else and change my whole view on music and just about everything else in this crazy world. Sadly I cannot find their first release as the Dead Love Triangles, but this release is just as good. After the Dead Love Triangles they took a hiatus for a while and came back with the same type of sound just a bit more raw and fine tuned. Sadly again though they are on a hiatus, although they do come back every once in awhile but under a new name and sometimes different members, but you know its the same guys, you hear it in his voice and in the music. Do yourself a favor and go swoop up on this, you will be so glad you did.

Link - http://thelavaandash.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment